Google

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Citibank's ZERO Grace Period.

Citibank's Zero Grace Period. I have two words for it. How inconsiderate.
What time are banks closed nowadays? 4pm? 5? Anyway, i am just so irritated by this 12midnight cut-off by Citibank.

It's not enough that you give effort to go out late at night to pay for your bill that you are greeted with a sign that says that the cut-off for payments is at 12 midnight. After that you are technically late and will be penalized for paying minutes or a few hours late. Used to be that banks give 3 days grace period, in case you are late in paying for your bill. Actually, BPI still gives its client this courtesy.

So, i'm kinda pissed that Citibank, one of the biggest bank in the world, can't even give the same. And its not like i was late a few days, it's just a few hours. AND it's just a MACHINE that's taking my payment. So what's the difference in the morning when they get the envelopes? Citibank guys will sort it out and go... hmmmm...this envelope is 2 minutes late, lets charge the guy 2,ooo pesos for being late!

Crap! Money making crap! I'm not taking part of Citibank's underhanded "business policy". What, they put "member since" on the card for what? Apparently this doesn't really mean anything to them. They don't really understand you. They just want your money, and as much as they can justify. That's probably why they invent these 12midnight cut-offs, even though it's just a machine that's taking your money!

I appreciate the fact that there have been quite a few times that Citibank has reversed the charges in the past but that could easily avoided if they give their "so-called" valued clients a day or two of grace period.

I just don't like having to explain myself, why i was an hour late, or twenty minutes late, or 5 minutes late. It's annoying. It's a pain. Shoot! It's not like i was trying to get out of not paying my bill or something devious like that. I always pay in full.

Anyway, it is because i can compare with another bank and how they handle clients that i can see how i am not really a valued client at Citibank. Well screw them. I pay almost 100,000 a month in credit card bills to that bank and this is how they treat me?? Screw that. If they wont give me a grace period, i'm turning my back on them. Why should i let them earn from me and when it's payment time, they wont even give me a day or two of consideration- in this case just a few minutes,

Whatever. I don't want to be treated that way. Times are hard. In our company's business, we deal with accounts receivables all the time. Part of you just understands that sometimes or oftentimes, that just happens, but we don't take it personally. We consider the relationship we have with our client because we understand them. Because we know that we value their business that we become a little bit flexible sometimes. And we don't even make them explain themselves. That would be embarrassing to them.

I wouldn't do that to a valued client. So i guess i don't want that being done to me as well.


--my canned thoughts

0 comments: