Google

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thank you Acer Technical Services

I was greeted early today with a mesage on my Acer laptop that said "No wireless adapter installed or unsupported wireless adapter". In short - NO INTERNET........Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Goodness! And today i was hoping to get a lot done on our company website. I tried the usual tricks with the Acer - restarting, diagnose and repair the connection (it's a clickable tab) re-install the driver. And i was about to do the last resort, which is to re-format my laptop. That would have meant at least 4-5 hours straight of installing drivers and updating everything.........Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Then i remembered, maybe the Acer tech support can help me over the phone. It's been a few months past my Acer's 5580's warranty period, but i thought, what the hey, might as well try. Much to my surprise the man i spoke with was very accommodating and assisted me in solving my problem.

In the course of our conversation, i mentioned that i found a Trojan worm in my laptop last night and cleaned it. He said that most likely, the pesky Trojan worm corrupted some of the wireless driver file and caused my problem. He helped me do a simple uninstall of the corrupted program and VOILA! >>>INTERNET CONNECTED!!!<<<

Thank you Acer tech support. Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!


--my canned thoughts

0 comments: